continues to evolve, growing and adding new and exciting things to the future of broadcast and online media.
July brings with it a few changes:
1. Our morning team has a new member in Ben Karpinski – award-winning sports blogger and enthusiast. Ben is fanatical about sport and has a wry sense of humour – and a very big head. I don’t mean he’s full of himself, I mean his head is much too big. He can’t find a hat to fit it.
2. We’ve finished our first two months with Comedy Central. Simulcasting an hour and a quarter of my radio show was a great experiment but I’m delighted to reclaim my studio from all the cameras, cables and lights that inevitably come with TV. The vast majority of my audience are thrilled they won’t have to look at me and can keep listening instead.
3. We’ve got some great new contributors, people who have never been on air before – like some of the 1000 auditions we had in month one. Many of them will feature in the CliffCentral Conversations show from 3-6pm with Arye Kellman, but some have landed their own shows. Auditions will continue to feature and give new talent a chance to shine.
4. We have a terrific line-up of well-known, talented broadcast legends in the stable: People like Trevor Gumbi, Tony Ndoro, Casper De Vries, Stan Katz, Penny Lebyane and Tumisho Masha will all delight and thrill you with their brains, laughs and personalities. There will be intelligent debates and discussions with the Daily Maverick, great legal advice with award-winning Garry Hertzberg, medical and motoring shows and plenty of sport. You can’t afford to miss anything – but if you do, there are podcasts.
5. You can win. In the next few weeks we want to reward you for coming with us and being part of the future. Keep listening and we’ll make you a winner.
Don’t forget to listen to CliffCentral.com
or get the WeChat App on your smartphone, add CliffCentral as a contact and start listening wherever you are. Glad you’re on board 😉